Enrolling into Medicare and finding the right Medicare Supplement plan is extremely important and can be confusing. Getting educated about Medicare and the secondary coverage available to you is the first step in learning which Medicare Supplement will suit your needs best. It cost you nothing to use a Medicare expert to help you navigate the Medicare maze, but it could cost you a bundle if you make a bad choice on your own.
The questions you need to ask yourself:
- Are you turning 65?
- Have you been on your plan longer than 12 months?
- Did you obtain a side by side comparison to make sure you are not over paying?
- Did you obtain your supplement thru a local agent or broker?
- Did you know that Medicare supplements are standardized?
- Did you know that cost is usually the only difference between plans?
- Have you reviewed your Part D prescription plan?
Medigap insurance companies in most states can only sell you a “standardized” Medigap policy identified by letters A through N. Each standardized policy must offer the same basic benefits, no matter which company sells it. Cost is usually the only difference between Medigap policies with the same letter sold by different insurance companies.
Knowing this information can save you thousands of dollars. Texas Trusted Advisors will always have the most affordable Medicare supplement insurance plans available.